Well I am back from Ft. Wayne. On Tuesday I dropped Hugh off at the ARMY recruiters at 1:30 and we said good bye. I went home right after to start the dreadful cleaning of the house that was put off so we could spend our last few days together doing things we wanted and running errands.
Wednsday I continued to clean and pack up the last of it and then had a neighbor show up when she realised I was cleaning alone and she did a marvoulous job helping. Got in the car at 2pm and headed for "home". Arrived at about 8pm (9pm Indiana time) and got to then hear about how Mom was exhausted from the week of kids.
She let me know she is sick now from lack of sleep (the kids didn't sleep well I guess.) Then when I went to bed I had a head ach and my legs could not get comfrtable. Finally I slept..... till Katie woke up whimpering needing to go to the bathroom at 3:15am which alsowoke Leo up. Then I spent the next hour trying to get him back to sleep. I didn't want him crying much because Katie needed good sleep so she would be happy for school on Thursday. Needless to say I was missing Hugh at 3:30am. What a great husband he is, would get up and help me so I woukd not feel frustrated or alone. Which I felt greatly last night. But amazingly enough, I feel ok today and Leo took 2 naps.
Updatefrom Hugh. I have not heard from him since I dropped him off on Tuesday. Today was his first full day at Basic. The only communication we will have over the next 9 weeks is through letters. After that the rest of his training he can have his cell phone and will have a laptop with internet access. I look forward to that. The next time I can see him (if I chose to go) is Thanksgiving.
Question:
How many candels were on your last birthaycake?
January 2024
2 years ago

1 comment:
Wow. The single parent thing is really tough. I only did it for 2 months, but it took 2 weeks to get used to it.
Hang in there!
Post a Comment