Monday, October 1, 2007

Oh What a Beautiful Morning!!


Well, here at my parents house I have had the kids sharing a room. And they just haven't been able to sleep past 7am. Sometimes Leo would wake up before 7. One morning he woke up at 6am. I just couldn't understand what the problem was. They are supposed to sleep till 8. Well I decided that it was Leo waking Katie up in the morning. I wanted at least one to get good sleep. So I moved Katie to Uncle Shawn's room and also moved the spare bed that was in the kids room. Put them to bed last night in their own rooms. This morning Leo didn't wake up till 7:50am. YEA!!!! I am so happy. I now think that it was Katie moving around in the morning getting comfortable that was waking Leo up first.

Along with having the kids sleep normal, I got to get a new dress sewn for Katie. I have a lot of material left over from it and I hope to get a pair of pants for her out of it and maybe make a dress for her doll. I just don't know if it will be enough fabric. I might try to make a skirt for me with it. But like I said, only if I have enough left over.

I have still not heard from Hugh. But I have been comforted. There is a girl in the branch that served in the military for 5 years. She said the first 3 weeks they don't have any time to themselves. She said not to worry he is just being kept really busy. I have also heard from others that the first 3 weeks are hard. So I am just going to relax and not worry about it too much. I have also been given the advise to keep busy. SO maybe I will get a lot more sewing done.

So the start of October seems to be a good one.

I just had a depressing thought. When my Dad walked in today I asked if he wanted to see what I made. It made me think of when I would show Hugh what I had made. I miss being able to show him my creations.

2 comments:

Deb said...

It will get better Shanna, but it will take time and hearing from Hugh more often. I love the dress. I wish I had more time to sew. I hope once I'm done with school I will have more time and can pick up my hobbies again. I can feel you on the kids not sleeping. When we were in FW Rachele never slept through the night in her own room, we moved in with my parents and bingo sleeping through the night. Kenny sleeps through the night most nights, if he is stuffed up he wakes up for some TLC, even if I have the head of his bed raised some.

emily said...

Glad you got some more sleep.

The dress is adorable and so is the fabric.

Sorry that you still haven't heard from Hugh. Soon, soon...