How did I do it? It was a big learning process. I have a "diet" that I have done 2 times before where I was successful with losing some pounds. The first time I did it I lost 15 pounds in about 1 month. That was while Hugh was in training for his job and the kids and I were living with my Mom back in Jan. of 2008. Yes that was fast. But somehow it just worked that fast that time. I
I know you are dying to know exactly what it is I did. Well I can't tell you. Because it drives me crazy when people ask what it is I did, I tell them, and they say "I could never do that!" The best quote that fits with that is "Whether you think you can, or you can't, you are right!" If you already start with the attitude of saying you could never do that then you are right! You will not succeed. If you really want to know what I did and you really want to try it out for yourself, I have no problem telling you. But I am going to tell you now, I did not do Weight Watchers, or Jenny Craig, I did not count calories AT ALL, I did not pay a company to tell me something I already know (eat healthy). I did non of that. I gathered info from others who have lost weight and gathered more info of my own from other online sources and came up with a plan that fits me. I am one that needs to be told what to do on a daily basis. And it worked for me.
The best and most motivating part about all this is that Hugh had no idea what I looked like. He knew I was losing weight and I would even tell him on occasion that I had lost more weight. Even at the end it seems like all I could talk about. I was so excited for him to see me. He had not seen even a picture of me while he was gone. It was like one of those revealing moments you see on TV when he first saw me. It was awesome!

7 comments:
Holy crow - 50 pounds?? I know you look amazing now but wouldn't have guessed you had that much to lose back then. I am SO impressed!!
And I know we've talked about what you've done and I'm sorry if I'm one that said "I could never do that." Of course I don't remember what you told me anyway, and now I'm dying to know. Because even if I couldn't do ALL of it, maybe I could do SOME of it!
Best of luck keeping it off - I have had great success losing weight during deployments and zero luck keeping it off. This time I decided to skip the diet during the deployment and he and I are BOTH working together on watching what we eat now. I sure hope it works!
You are an inspiration!!
You look awesome Shanna! I was waiting for this post. I'm proud of all your hard work. What a fun time and I'm sure Hugh is just plain glad to see you no matter what, but still, what a fun surprise. Way to go!
Way to go Shanna! I like your blog sharing idea to have a buddy (in your case, your sister) to check in on you. I've been told accountability is one of the keys to success. Healthy habits are things everyone should strive for. Thank you for your inspiration.
Hey, you forgot to say that you did NOT take pills to lose it! :) Way to go!!! :) You are an inspiration to us all!
Awesome...I wish I could say the same for me. I have no will power. I even signed up for the free guidance from work and still could not do it. I got mad when I started eating better and actually gained weight...how does that happen? Maybe I could hook up with someone in my ward who could help out...only time will tell. You do look awesome!
You look great, Shanna! Way to go on all that hard work!
dude, girl, you rock! awesome, awesome. keep your secrets to yourself because you are right, no one will truly ever appreciate the hard work and dilligence you put into this. except for me of course, cuz i'm that perfect. i guess you won't be publishing a book on your success. congrats just the same!
Post a Comment