Monday, November 3, 2008

Good Monday



So after the excitement of Halloween (sorry I forgot to take pictures) we had a weekend of stress. Hugh is in the process of doing a major project that took up his weekend and Monday and Tuesday (tomorrow). I attempted church alone and could barley make it through the bread and water. We left after that was passed. The kids were such wiggle worms. I don't know if it was leftover sugar or what. But they did sleep till 7:45 that day which was great. Oh up until I remembered the time changed and that made it 6:45. Monday came around with the plan to start potty training Leo. He is 2 1/2 and I figured he could earn his Halloween candy by going potty. Silly idea I know. How could he even understand that he only gets his candy if he goes on the pot. Well ITS WORKING!! I am proud to say that the time that he was in underwear he only had one accident and that is because he was crying really hard and I put him on his bed until he was done crying and he went pee and then cried even harder. Then just before bed I put him on the pot one last time and he POOPED!!! Yea!! He is becoming such a big boy!!


Leo sporting his underwear.





And here is Katie. Oh I forgot to mention. The school called. Katie has been on a waiting list for pre-school here on post. They wanted to know if I was interested in a spot that opened. Of course I am!!! So she started school today. She was very excited. I know she has been getting bored around here. So this will be good even if we are here for only 2 or 3 more months. She even had homework! And the teacher said they get homework a lot. So Katie should be pretty busy. But when I am trying to instruct her what to do for her homework it makes me understand why I can't homeschool. I don't even have a desire to be a teacher. I just get too frustrated. I hope it will get easier for me to help as she gets older.

And that was our exciting Monday.

1 comment:

Wendy Funk said...

That is great news! I'm so glad everything is going well at your house. That is exciting about Leo and I am so jealous about Kaite going to pre-school....ah, someday...Well congrats on your exciting monday. :)