Saturday, March 31, 2012

Where's Waldo?

Meet Waldo.


He came in this box.

Along with 26 of his other friends.
So. Where's Waldo? He is in every one of the pictures.









He... or She, not sure... Is a White Crested Black Polish Chick.


One of the coolest looking chicks I have seen!


In about 2 or 3 weeks he.. or she... will be SOOOOO ugly! I'll post pictures then.

The rest of the chickens will become food in about 6-8 weeks. But they are so cute now! Too bad in a week or so they will be ugly too.

3 comments:

emily said...

awwwwww! they are sooo cute! They must mature really fast, I thought most meat birds were ready around 17 weeks. someday I will raise my own meat birds too.

Clarisa said...

i totally don't understand how those cuties could ever be ugly. i'll watch for the photos so i can be educated. um, but if you post any pics of the chicks postlife, will you put that in the title? i'm not vegi but i am squimish and it's hard to think that we eat what was once living creatures. i know, so wimpy. i do think it's cool you are so self relient. go you!

Unknown said...

lol. Are you only raising meat birds? Or egg layers as well? I hope your drumsticks are tasty.