Wednesday, April 24, 2013

New Math Game for Homeschooling!

I went to a hobby Shop with the boys last night and happened across some different kinds of dice. The numbers varied. I discovered they had 20 sided dice. Brilliant idea popped into my head. MATH GAME!! I decided to invest in 4 dice. 2 for each. That way they can play their "game" at the same time. Katie will roll and multiply the numbers and Leo will vary between adding and subtracting. This morning they just wanted to jump right into it! SCORE!! I am excited to get them really started with it. I want to make it more adventurous than just doing math. Maybe some sort of beat the time or create some game board to go with it. I am just not sure yet. But I am sure I can come up with something. I am just glad the kids were excited to get started with it. I had to take them away because Katie was getting frustrated with not having a notebook to work the problems out and Leo was getting frustrated because he is not yet into subtracting double digits from double digits. Funny kids.


Photo from here.

No comments: