Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Creative Title here

I could not come up with anything creative for the title. I had word I wanted in it but couldn't seem to get them to flow right.

I have a new favorite store!!! And I am proud to say I bought it at Ross!! This is a fantastic place. I do not think I will want to shop anywhere else from now on. Can we say cute clothes and great price!

So here is how it all started.

My friend who lives just across the street from me was wearing this really cute shirt. And I did compliment her on it but did not dare ask where she got it because no matter where, I still could not get it because I have a pet-peeve about going out and buying a shirt that you already know someone who is a close friend and lives close that already has it. The next day I am shopping at Wal-Mart (my all time favorite one stop shop) and alas there it is. The really cute shirt. Oh and different colors. No matter I still like the blue one my friend was wearing.

So I proceed to shop (I was there for food anyhow). So here we are a couple weeks later and I see my neighbor, right next door. And she is wearing the same shirt as other mentioned friend. And yes it is still just as cute but now I REALLY can't go buy it. Sad. And then the next thought came to me. I have got to stop buying all my clothes from Wal-Mart. And one might think why? Well it is by no means because my other 2 neighbors shop there and now own the same shirt.

I got to thinking, the racks at Wal-Mart are loaded with shirts that look alike and then on the other side of the rack are the same shirts but in 3 different colors. So they are just sitting there waiting for 20 people of various sizes to come by and purchase them just to restock the rack with 20 more shirts just like them. And not just where I live. Its all over!

So here I am walking through Wal-Mart and see a lady wearing a shirt that I have too. Thank goodness I was not wearing it that day!! Awkward!

So I have taken the leap outside of my comfort zone and shop for clothes elsewhere. I considered Target but that would be the same think just a nicer place. So I forge into the local Mall. And all I could think was what a waste of money! Way too expensive. Not a place for the everyday wear shopping. Maybe something for a special occasion. I then started having my doubts about shopping anywhere else. I might go to Kohls but again same story AND pricey clothes.

I decided to try Ross and I was in heaven!! Great clothes, new look for me, and awesome prices! Not to mention the racks were not full of 20 of the same shirt over and over. So what I got was for me and not me and the other 20 people in the store. I can not wait to go looking for a new shirt again in the future. I walked out with 7 new shirts (one was for Leo) and spent less than I would have at Wal-Mart for the same amount of clothes. On top of that, the clothes I got were way better quality, fit better and looked nicer in general! And I call it a feel good store. It was not a place where there Mediums would fit Katie. I could look at a size and tell it was too big for me so I would go to the next size. Everything I tried on fit me just right.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I get what you're saying. It bugs me when I pick up the kids from school and multiple kids have the same shirt as my child. Ugh.

I've not been very lucky Ross. They seem to never have my kids sizes, or mine (well, modest shirts I'd actually wear in my size). I shop for myself hardly ever. The kids are about twice a year, to keep them in properly fitting and not completely worn out clothes. I've had much better luck at TJMaxx. We shop sales at Kohl's and Sears, and when that fails, we rely on Target.

Anna said...

Love the shirts. I will buy some new ones after I lose 10 more pounds:)

Sara H said...

They're really cute! I bet they look great on you! :)