Saturday, February 20, 2010

Saying goodbye...

Katie was really sad today and I think we may have a few more times of her being sad in the next few days. Why? you ask. Well we said goodbye to "her" puppy. I could no longer care for Ashley. It was just too much for me to house train her when she would not whine when she needed to go out. I have come to HATE cleaning dog pee and poo off my floors. Not just that but dogs are not supposed to pee or poo where they sleep but Ashley had no problem with that. I just could not take it any longer. Cleaning a kennel with a muddy lake in it is just not what I looked forward to at 1am. Just not my thing ya know! So now we are down to just Sage again and she is already house trained and all that. Life is getting better for me. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I am sure Sage might be a little sad inside too that we took away her playmate. But I think she is glad to have the run of the house again and will be glad to sleep in our room again (not tonight, I need at least one night without dog). I guess that's all for now.

Happy blogging!

4 comments:

Deb said...

So sad for Katie. But I understand your frustration. I think once we find the house for us we will get a new pet...just not sure what yet. Hope she gets happy soon.

Patsy said...

I've mixed emotions...sorry that Katie might be sad...don't want that for her,

BUT

I'm so glad you are back down to one dog... too bad you had to give her away!

Unknown said...

I'm sorry things didn't work out.

Clarisa said...

life is so hard sometimes and hard to understand. i hope katie is okay. when we rehomed our dog, my kids cried for weeks. i cried longer and i don't even care for dogs. but that is what seeing your kids sad does for you, i guess. someday i am sure katie will realize it was for love you gave her to a home that was better suited for her at the time.