Thursday, July 24, 2008

I love the farm

And here is why...










These two cuties hatched on July 23 really early in the morning or the 22 sometime in the evening. They are so cute. They hatched a day early so we are still waiting for at least 6 others to hatch. The Mama is so good with sitting on her eggs and so gentle. It is fun when I pick her up and a chick will fall out of one of the wings.

And my Mom is so happy too. I am the one that talked her into letting some eggs develop and hatch. She now thanks me and I think it is a good experience. The kids love them.

4 comments:

Wendy Funk said...

Fun pics! It's insane how much Katie looks like you! My sister in law has chicken so we get to see this sort of thing happen every year. It is fun. Escept for when they are past the cute chick stage, then they just look like deformed chickens.

Shanna said...

Yeah people always say wow she defiantly belongs to you. I'm just glad I wont be here for the ugly stage of chicks. I get to remember the cute chicks. They seem to be just like People and go through that awkward teenage stage.

Robin said...

those are just so cute. How fun!

Sara H said...

Hey, we spent a week visiting together and you didn't mention a thing about it! Oh, I know, you're just protecting my privacy and you'll post it after you've "privatized" your blog, right? ;) Gotcha! :)