You know that saying "a watched pot never boils"? I think same goes for hatching eggs. The first pip I saw was this morning and since then all eggs have pipped. The wait is so hard! I hear peeping. I see cracks in the eggs. And then... nothing. I don't mind the wait really. It's more of the "nothing's happening" factor. I know it's close. I'm almost tempted to move the incubator to my nightstand. But then I would be checking every 10 minutes instead of sleeping. So here I wait. Patiently. Sort of.

Remember that egg I was telling you about. The one that I thought looked under developed. Well as it turns out, it was the first to internally pip. That means it broke through the inner membrane into the air sac at the big end of the egg. Now I am worried about #6. It's the one you see with the hole. Well I put that hole there. See, it pipped at the wrong end. So instead of being on the big end with the air sac, it's at the end where there is fluid and no air sac to breath. So I had to chip away some of the shell and pull back some of the inner membrane. I hope it gets out OK. I also read on other web sites to prop it up a little so it doesn't drown from the fluids around it. Hopefully tomorrow I will have some little fuzzy ducklings to show.
No comments:
Post a Comment