Sunday, January 9, 2011

Greatful Sunday!

I am just going to toot my horn just a little!

Primary ROCKED today! I am the primary chorister now as of the beginning of Dec. I love it but I was lacking motivation for the kids. I didn't know what to do to get them going. But today, TODAY they blew me away! I got some signs from a box that was given to me by the pres. and it was a sing softer or a sing louder kind of signs. And JR. primary LOVED them!! I didn't even know they could sing like that! It was impressive. We practiced this months song and then moved on to other songs they should already knew. I was not sure if they were really learning the song I was teaching them. But then I pulled those signs out and they let me know really good that they were learning it. And I got some printouts to help them learn the song. I am sure that helped to. But the signs were the best! I am trying to find a singing meter thing that tells me how to make one. I think that would help them too. I do not want them to get board with the methods I use so I have to keep it new.

I was then worried about Sr. primary because they do not get motivated to sing as easily. And that would have been so Jr. for them. So I got an idea from a friend just before SR. came in that they like to play games and be competitive. So we played Tic-Tac-Toe boys vs. girls. And let me tell you they do know how to sing!! They proved that today! It was fantastic. And it was so fun! And I know the boys out number the girls by far but the boys rocked!! The girls seemed to do their best as well. But it was awesome. And even though I have lost my voice this last week and it is starting to come back, I couldn't help but sing with them it was just that fantastic (I told them I was not going to be able to sing much so they had to make up for it).

It was just an all around great singing times today!

4 comments:

Patsy said...

YOU ROCK!

Nicole said...

Oooh! Primary chorister! Best calling EVER! Does this mean the RS presidency was released? I feel so out of the loop. You should join "my" Primary chorister's list: http://groups.yahoo.com/primusic , it's a fabulous resource.

Deb said...

Oh sounds awesome...

Deb said...

I thought i commented...maybe you have yet to approve it...but thats awesome. Maybe thats the motivation they needed...I hope it keeps up through the year!