30 Days till we leave to go see Hugh. I am very excited. I am sure if my kids knew just how close it was they would be excited too. I am making my preparations as fast as I can with 2 kids running around. I have gotten the material for my formal and then I had to wait another week before the pattern went on sale. I think this dress is going to cost me approximately $23. Compared to the $104 I thought about paying for a formal I would have ordered on the net. But then you don't have the guarantee that it would fit. So this way I am spending a lot less and I know this will fit like a glove. I also went to the mall and looked at the formals there too. And guess what, non of the dresses these days have sleeves. As a matter of fact you are lucky if you come across a dress that even has spaghetti straps. It amazes me. Ok so I have made a half mock dress. I just did the top part to make sure I wasn't going to have to make any adjustments on the shoulders. It is a little wide across the chest and I am not sure if I need to bring it in a bit or not. That will be decided today. I also went back and got more of the material so I can make Katie a dress. We wont wear them at the same time but I know it will make such a cute dress for Katie.
Ok Ive been holding back for a while because my plans have been undecided but now it is decided. After Hugh's graduation I will not be coming back to Iowa. I will be headed to South Carolina and stay with my Father-in-law for a few months. I am excited to go. It will be summer time and that means lots of things in SC. For one the Beach is less than 2 hours away. For another My F-in-L has horses and for those of you that don't know I LOVE horses. I plan to go on many ridding adventures with him. This will also put us closer to the kids cousins. Like within walking distance. And for those of you that don't know, my 2 sisters-in-law and I all had boys in the same year. One was born 3 days after Leo and the other 4 months after. So they are close in age. It will be fun. We will be there in time for Leo and Sam's birthdays. This will be time for the in-laws to spend time with the the kids. We don't get to see them much so it will be good. I guess that's all for this post.
I wont be posting a picture of my dress until after the graduation because I want to surprise Hugh. So after March 27 I will post one. Stay tuned.
January 2024
2 years ago

4 comments:
I can't wait to see the dress, I bet it will be beautiful. You are really talented. I hope the move will go smoothly, good luck and it will be nice for the kids to be around cousins.
Wow...lots going on. Living with your F in L sounds fun...can I come too? I love horses also. We used to own seven of them when we lived in Maryland. I really miss them. Any who I can't wait to see your dress it sounds like it will be awesome. You know I really wonder how many people go looking for a formal dress over the age of 18 and say to themselves whats up with strapless or spagetti straps? I'm sure there are lots of non LDS people that want to cover up (my sisters are two of those people). I'm glad I can sew so that when it comes time Rachele can be modest. That is if I can get her to be more modest now.
I am so excited to see the dress too? Not even a pic of the fabric? What a fun sounding summer! I want to ride horses all summer long!
Hi, I know you don't really know me, but I just wanted to tell you that I have been where you are with a husband joining the military. I am very excited for you to see your husband.
We have also been through a 14 mo. deployment. So if/when your husband gets deployed, if you ever need a complete stranger who's been through it and can share some of your feelings--I'd be happy to chat.
Post a Comment